Monday, May 17, 2010

Have you read the intro?

One week from today we will start in on chapters one and two. I wanted to take this week to have the chance to hear from you. Have you read the introduction to the book? If so, what did you get from it? What are you thinking? I'd love to know your thoughts as we are about to begin the journey of battling insecurities together.

I don't know what it is about Beth Moore but I couldn't even get through the introduction without crying. Her honest approach to her own insecurities spoke right into my life. She writes about getting out and shooting snakes or sitting in a stale house like a wimp and sulking about a path full of hazards. I love that. I don't want to be sitting and sulking but many times I find that is exactly what I'm doing. As I think about my own insecurities, I'm also challenging myself to dig deep and figure out what I would like to try but don't because my insecurities stop me. For example, if I knew I couldn't fail financially, I'd open my own business. Okay, your turn...what would you try?

(Introduction post written by Karla Steele, Kearney NE).


5 comments:

  1. I would speak more bodly about Christ and His healing power and His plan for the lives of family members who seem to be running from Him.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmm...I think there are a lot of things I would do. First though, I think I would write a book, maybe a bibliography about a small town girl with a LONG path of hazards and snarls in the branches of destruction, but the ultimate Vine that grew me and changed me into His healing offspring.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would speak boldly, act joyfully, love unconditionally and sing loudly!!! I would be me, yet hold back the foul that comes from my mouth because of insecurity. I would venture out and walk farther through the thorns. I would enjoy!! Why do I let all that wonderful go?? IM INSECURE

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so excited about this book! After reading the intro, I can't wait to shoot holes in my life and allow Jesus to fill them with grace. I would totally say yes to invitations to use my gifts. I would also get involved more in my community.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would try new things and volunteer for positions that have intimidated me in the past. I would have deeper relationships with the people I love. Most importantly, I would stop asking God questions like why, how, or when and just answer, "Yes Lord."

    ReplyDelete