Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Welcome to the So Long Book Club of 2010

I am so excited. I ran into Ashley M. on Sunday at church and she said that she was moving. I'm not excited that she is moving but I am excited to tell you all about this new thing. As we were visiting, I told her about the idea I just had in church that morning of setting up a book club blog for the summer. I know it seems weird because it's not something that is normally done...but with kids and summer vacations, I thought this would give an opportunity to keep accountable to others and learn during the summer without having to meet weekly. I do think a celebration will be in order after we read the book though, don't you? I have been wanting to read "So Long Insecurity, You've Been a Bad Friend to Us" since it came out but haven't had the chance yet. So, here's the first post of our new book club. Leave a comment to practice up if you want to join in reading along with Ashley and I this summer! I'm going to buy the book tomorrow and find out how many chapters there are, what the schedule will be like, and keep you all posted. Yippee!

9 comments:

  1. Woo hoo! I was trying to figure out how to stay in a Bible Study over the summer with some flexibility!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Count me in! What a wonderful idea. Thanks, Karla.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yea!!! Cant wait going to get my book today too

    Already got the Fab Four . . . ANYONE ELSE????

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes! Can I do it from Colorado?! This sounds great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. YES! Please join in from where ever you are! More is MORE!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for letting me in! I am excited to start this very new adventure! Karla...you are AWESOME!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Im def. game! This will be a great way to stay connected. I also want to mention that New Life Assembly will be hosting a live similcast in April with Beth Moore, So Long Insecurity. A brunch will be provided. It would be a great way to kick off the study. When I get more details, I will let you know if anyone is interested. Im going to get my book today! I

    ReplyDelete
  8. even though I live like a gazillion miles away....I've always loved Beth Moore...so awesome, count me IN!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice idea, Karla. Looking forward to good conversation via blogspot. you really are that cool.

    ReplyDelete